Saturday, November 22, 2008

Winter in Prague

Well it seems 'There must be an Angel’ and it was playing with my heart.

Because tonight I came home from perhaps 1 or 10 drinks with my lovely wife in the city and found an angel talking to me in the garden.

Yep that’s right folks , the spanner has tightened and the nuts are nice and tight because it is Coldsville in Prague at the moment as the mercury has dropped savagely below ZERO and the snow has started to fall.

Yesterday it was THIS

And

Today it is THIS

I had my first driving experience in the snow today after indoor cricket training where i faced the bowling machine at 85mph (damn thats a scary experience). Driving in the snow on the way home was interesting and let's just say the right foot got a really good lesson in brake sensitivity as the different between safe driving and 'lockup into the guard rail' is about ½ ounce of brake pedal pressure. So lets just say I was loving it. And remember I am in the car with the ZERO crumple zone.

Here are some photos of tonight’s snow fall. The first 2 are the garden with the snopw every where and the last one is the apartment complex drive way and boom gate with the snow covering it. Good times

4 comments:

Daft Wullie said...

A wise person once said to me 'don't eat yellow snow', I think you should folllow that little gem.

kraley said...

um....I don't want to be the one that breaks it to you, but you won't even know what that "i love the snow" stuff is all about until you endure 7 FRICKEN MORE MONTHS OF IT!!!!

-your pal,

ken

P.S. Had lunch with a bigwig at your former employer. They are going down, and get the pleasure of living at the place 24/7 whilst it happens. :(

Unknown said...

All I can say is "man up" :-)

Gatesy said...

'Man up'?

How when ones goolies have shrivelled to nothing???

hahahaha

I will get used to it