Thursday, December 11, 2008

Inter-racial relationships WTF

I have been noticing a pretty significant trend over here and even when in Australia. It seems that Aussie men are choosing Czech women but Aussie women aren't choosing Czech men. When you meet a expat in this country you make one of 2 assumptions about HIM.

1. He is married to a Czech woman or in a registered gay domestic relationship (defacto status isn't recognised in this country for hetero relationships)
OR
2. He is on a lucrative expat contract and is being paid in GBP or Euro or USD and living it large in this country


I believe there are 2 reasons for this lack of Aussie women with Czech men.

1. The first and most obvious is i reckon Czech men really dove into the shallow end of the good looks pool. I am not trying to make out I am a Don Juan or Fabio, I am certainly not but i really think there is not much to choose from for the ladies. I had a really good joke with a gay Canadian bloke at work. I asked him why he was here, because he is a gay man living in a country were the men are ugly and the women smoking hot (my wife included :D) ................. surely there would have been a better country to choose from. We had a good laugh about this.

2. The second is that Czech women are phenomenal cooks (yes a big generalisation) and they spoil their sons rotten with good food. Michaela used to tell me stories about when she came home from school her mum would say the food is in the fridge. Yet 5 minutes later when her brother arrived home she would jump up from the seat and rush to the kitchen and make him some snacks. You just don't get this sort of treatment from Aussie women, especially girls from my generation. I was chatting to a friend the other night and his girlie tried to cook him a chicken and ended up shorting out the entire apartment block and undercooking the chicken. I SAY GIVE ME A CZECH WOMAN

Anyway, it is an interesting trend and out of the 10 Aussie women i know in this country not one of them is married to a Czech guy.

I will keep you updated on this observation

1 comment:

paddleperil said...

Generalising from the one Czech that I know in Australia, I'd say you're absolutely right. He's a batchelor at 51 for very good reason, and not by choice. His mother still spoils him and women run a mile