Monday, December 8, 2008

Xmas markets are here

Well about bloody time, I have been stinging for a Svařák (aka Gluhwein aka spiced red wine). The other night, the bride and I went to the city because the markets had begun and we had a great time. Prague's center is pretty at the worst of times but with a few markets, a cup of spiced wine and a sausage and you simply can't go wrong.

We strolled from stall to stall czeching (oh oh bad pun) out all the offerings and having a nibble here and there. Michaela had me try the roasted chestnuts and seemed quite pleased they weren't to my liking because she could then eat them all :)

We had a relaxing evening, if you call being amongst thousands of people crammed into the small city centre relaxing! They lite the Xmas tree but we didn't hang around for that. Of note was the fact that in Australia the big tree in the city centre is plastic where as here it is a real tree, I was pleasantly surprised by this.


Anyway thats it for this one, short and sweet just like the Svařák. I did try a Mead but from the look on my face you can tell what i thought of it


cheers until next time

Gatesy

No comments: