Friday, February 6, 2009

The Dangers of Floorball

So in an effort to try and prevent a massive blowout on my guts due to a cold winter and Czech food I have been playing as much sport as possible. One of these sports is Floorbal which uses a ball similar to a practise golf ball but is similar to hockey in every other way.
Well last night i learnt that despite the ball only weighing 30 grams or so it still leaves marks. I was goaling tending, which really means i was taking a breather because there were no reserves, when i was struck in the neck from a vicious wrist shot from one of the guys. Saved the goal, well obviously since i am 3 inches wider then the goal in every direction :D, but i did receive 2 cuts on my neck where the ball hit me. (nothing too serious but the photo doesn't do it justice). At the time we were all laughing that it looked like I had just made love to a large woman and she had won :D
Despite this apparent violence it is still a thoroughly entertaining game.

No comments: