Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Czech Radio


Hey guys

I encountered something the other day that had me really quite amused. There is a lot of english music played over here which makes sense but the language barrier means there are some subtle differences. For instance swear words are not 'BLEEPED OUT' like they are in Australia on commercial radio. This means that songs with the 'F' and 'C' words are played in their ENTIRITY.
I encountered this when i was driving the car and a song by 'The Darkness' starts playing and then all of a sudden the chorus starts 'Get your hands off of my woman, mother f***er'. I nearly crashed the car i was laughing so hard. So i went to work to chat about it to the other aussies. One bloke, Justin who has a French wife and young son, said they were in a toy store when a song by Eamon came on. the chorus for this song goes like this

F*** what I said it dont mean shit now
F*** the presents might as well throw em out
F*** all those kisses, they didn't mean jack
F*** you, you hoe, I dont want you back


He was amazed and turned to his wife and expressed his comcern about this song being played in a toy store only for his wife to turn around as say 'I love this song' as she was singing along with their child in his pram LOL

Arh ignorance if bliss

No comments: